15 Apr Awards sponsor content: Kelvatek’s SAPIENT service innovates new LV fault management practices
Kelvatek has developed a new service that maximises a DNO’s ability to manage and respond to LV network faults.
Through strategic deployment of equipment, live monitoring of fault activity, 24/7 telephone support and maximizing equipment availability the DNOs using SAPIENT have been able to target their resources for maximum results.
Activities carried out by SAPIENT include:
- Monitoring fault activity
- Fault locations with pinpoint maps
- Deployment strategy
- Assistance with equipment installation
- Maximising equipment availability
- Targeting resources
- Provision of on-site assistance
- Improving customer service
- The SAPIENT team consists of former experienced engineers with expertise in fault location. Coupled with advanced SELF tools this enables the provision of a unique service.
Individually tailored for each utility, SAPIENT allows seamless integration with existing processes.
SAPIENT Key Features:
- Active monitoring
- Cable data automatically entered by our team
- Advanced fault analysis tools
- Recommendation of additional equipment installation
- 24/7 Telephone and e-mail support
- Identify when and where to “sniff”
- Identification of secondary or tertiary faults on the system
- Identification of inactive faults
- Dedicated staff with extensive utility experience
Following equipment installation, each transient fault is assisted by SAPIENT.
Cable routes are identified from GIS and utility records. The activity is monitored and analysed until sufficient information is available to enable a location to be provided. Reports are provided to the utility to locate, manage and repair faults before they become permanent. This provides true active management of transient faults.
The distribution of fault location equipment is maximised by monitoring the activity of faults and moving assets to where they are needed most when older faults become dormant.
Our Fault staff have a wealth of utility experience, either working in or with the electricity supply industry.
The service includes training, on-site installation guidance, assistance with interpretation of fault data through to fault pinpointing.
For more information go to www.kelvatek.com